I’ve used the Panasonic GX8 for a few months now, which replaces my ageing Rebel Ti DSLR. As a travel blogger I’m on the road often, so I’ve looked to switch to a more portable mirrorless system—but coming from an SLR, I also wanted an enthusiast-grade system that doesn’t skimp on features or ergonomics.
The GX8 isn’t perhaps the trendiest mirrorless camera, as Sony’s Alpha cameras seem to be the bestsellers at the moment. After testing several mirrorless cameras I was initially eying a Sony Alpha 6300, but I ultimately went with the GX8 instead.
Specs and features
- 20 Megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor
- 4-axis in-body stabilisation
- 49-point Auto Focus system
- 2.36M-dot EVF
- 3″ fully tilting OLED screen
- Video resolution of 2160px @ 30fps (4K)
Categories: Indie Traveller